Bhutan Bumthang Cultural Trek
If this programme is right for you?+977 1 4017119 firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration 12 Days
Bhutan Bumthang Cultural Trek is a 12 days program in the Kingdom of Bhutan. Taking this trip means opportunity to see some of the famous Dzongs of western Bhutan and trek around beautiful Bumthang Valley. Excellent trip for those who would wants to combine culture tour with short trek .
This Bhutan Bumthang Cultural trek begins with a visit to some of the best Dzongs of Paro. Then further it takes you to Takshang Monastery the famous of Bhutan’s Monasteries. Afternoon the tour travels to the capital of Bhutan, Thimphu. Here we will pay a visit to Memorial Chorten, National Museums and Dzongs.
From Thimphu the Bhutan Bumthang Cultural trek program takes you to Bumthang which is one of the most interesting part of Bhutan. The magical Bumthang valley is the religious heartland of Bhutan and home to some of its oldest Buddhist temples and monasteries. Also we will be visiting Ura village which is at an altitude of around 3,100 m, this is quiet an interesting village and is believed by some to have been the home of the earliest inhabitants of Bhutan.
After fascinating Ura Village the tour takes you to three days of trek. Bumthang Cultural Trek is one of the most popular short treks in the Kingdom of Bhutan although it involves bit of climb to Phephe La (3,360m). Trek gives an opportunity to explore some of the interesting villages and Lhakhangs which are greater than in most of the other treks in Bhutan.
On the way back we will also visit Phobjikha Valley famous for Black Necked Crane.
|FO [BT 02]||BUMTHANG CULTURAL TREK||Oct till April||12|
|1||Fly to Paro – transfer to hotel – after tour of Ta Dzong and Rinpung Dzong. |
|2||Visit Taktsang Monaster and afternoon drive to Thimphu. Overnight (B+L+D)|
|3||Visit National Memorial Chorten, Tashichho Dzong, Simtokha Dzong. Overnight Thimphu (B+L+D)|
|4||Drive 3 hrs. to Punakha via Dochula Pass. Visit Punakha Dzong. Overnight (B+L+D)|
|5||Drive to Bumthang. Visit Chimi Lhakhang and Trongsa Dzong. Overnight (B+L+D)|
|6||Excursion to Ura Valley. Overnight Bumthang (B+L+D)|
|7||Trek to Ngang Lhakhang 2,900 m (6 hrs) walk – Overnight (B+L+D)|
|8||Trek to Ugyenchholing 2,760 m (6 hrs) walk – Overnight (B+L+D)|
|9||Trek for around 3 hrs. to Pangshing and then drive to Jakar in Bumthang. Overnight Bumthang (B+L+D)|
|10||Today we visit Phobjika Valley famous for Black Necked Crane. O/N (B+L+D)|
|11||Today drive to Paro. Overnight (B+L+D)|
|12||Departure – transfer to airport (B)|
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner, AWHP = Average walking hour per day
- 02 nights twin sharing accommodation in Paro on Full board basis i.e. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- 02 nights twin sharing accommodation in Thimphu on Full Board basis i.e. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- 01 night twin sharing accommodation in Punakha on Full Board basis i.e. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- 03 nights twin sharing accommodation in Bumthang on Full Board basis i.e. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- 01 night twin sharing accommodation in Gangtey on Full Board basis i.e. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- 02 nights 03 days Bumthang Cultural Trek with a support of trekking crew, meals, tent, cooking utensils, sleeping mattress, necessary permit.
- Sightseeing tours as mentioned in the program
- Local English speaking guide
- Entrance fee during the sightseeing tour
- Private transportation during the sightseeing tour
12 Days Bhutan Bumthang Cultural Trek
October till April
Dzongs + Villages + Taktsang Monastery + Trekking